School optional report (SOR)
The optional report is used to update grades or send corrections at any point in the year. The School Optional Report is not a substitute for the Midyear or Final report.
How to use:
1. On BridgeU, you can 'add document' to add the 'school optional report'. Note: there is no PDF document for this, just a form. You'll be able to add PDFs to the school optional report as separate document types. These document types are (1) school profile for optional report (2) Transcript (3) Change explanation for optional report.
- FORM: where applicable, the input pulls over from previously sent school report
- FORM Transcripts section:
- You'll find the question: "Please indicate the most recent grades included on the transcript accompanying this form". Make sure to update this if you are submitting a transcript different from the one previously sent with the school report or the school midyear report.
- FORM Summary section:
- You'll find the question: "
- You'll find the question: "This optional report is sent to convey" and the choices
- First quarter / trimester senior grades - Make sure to attach these grades as transcript for optional report document.
- School report / transcript correction -Make sure to attach these grades as transcript for optional report document.
- Other E.g., Predicted grades - make sure to attach as initial transcript for optional report document.
Once added, there is no way to delete the 'School Optional Report' column. This is true also for the School report, EDA, fee waiver.
Similar to the School Report, it will give you an error message if you haven't uploaded the relevant accompanying documents (e.g., school profile, transcripts, change explanation) you indicated you would on the form.
Similar to the School Report, the accompanying documents (e.g., school profile, transcripts, change explanation) are sent bundled WITH the School Optional Report. They don't have separate checkboxes for sending.
After submitting you'll see a message saying 'document delivery started' and will likely need to refresh the page to see 'sent + timestamp' replace the checkboxes.
Similar to the School Report, it will say 'submitted' for the Optional Report on the student's Common App under the 'Recommenders and FERPA' section for any university.