The Common Application requires a School Report to accompany all applications. The School Report gets sent along with the School Transcript (you can send up to 4 transcripts per student) and, if requested, a School Profile.
The School Report and School Profile only need to be completed once, and these will then appear for all students in the Document Sending tab when required by a College or University.
For ideas on how to compile a School Profile, NACAC has a database of sample school profiles that you can check out.
- To add a School Report, navigate to the School Settings located on the left hand side. Select “School Report”, and fill in the blank spaces. The school report will then appear for students in the Document Sending page:
- To add a School Profile, navigate to the School Settings located on the left hand side. Select “School Profile”, and add this document in PDF version. The size limit is 2MB:
The School Report and School Profile will now appear on the student Document Sending tab, shown in the screenshot below. Below the School Report is a blue pen, which is the additional Common App form required alongside the School Report:
- Click on the blue pen to fill out the form.
- To attach the School Profile to the School Report, scroll towards the bottom of the form to select it:
- You can upload up to 4 transcripts to be sent with the School Report. For more information on adding Transcripts, please refer to this article.
- Once saved, a green tick will appear if the information is correct, but if something is missing it will show you at the bottom of the Form.
- The school report and school profile are sent in bulk to the Common App, who release the documents once the student pays the fee (if applicable) and submits the application in the Common App.
- The school report, school profile, and initial transcript(s) are bundled and sent together. When you send the school report, the school profile and initial transcript(s) go along with this to the university. If it says 'sent' for the school report, this means 'sent' for the school report and initial transcript(s) as well.
Please note: depending on how you answer certain questions you may also be requested to send 'transcript courses' or 'international official results' and these documents also get bundled together with the school report.