- Ensure that Common App and Parchment are enabled for your school
If you are not sure whether they are enabled, you can ask your designated Customer Success Manager and they will check for you.
- Ensure that you are aware of Common App's One and Done Policy
- Complete the School Report and School Profile
You can complete these in BridgeU settings. For more instructions on how to do so, please follow these steps.
- Ensure documents are in PDF format and no larger than 2MB
Documents can only be sent to Common App as a PDF, and no larger than 2 MB. You can compress PDF documents if they are too large, ask your Customer Success Manager for tips on how to do so.
- Do not send recommendation letters through the Common App
The Common App does not allow the same email address to be used by staff members across both platforms. If you have sent any documents through the Common App this document sending season, please either update your email address on BridgeU, or email us/the Common App Support to change your email address on their portal.
- Use your own email address rather than a shared one
Similarly, teachers and counselors should use their own email address rather than a shared department email address. This is useful for avoiding different names coming up when tracking recommendation letters.
7. Double check your students have setup properly using the Student Checklist