Lesson 8 is all about understanding how to relate your interests, strengths and skills to career options, and how much job markets are changing due to emerging technologies.
You will learn:
- If it's right for you to select a career pathway at this stage.
- Techniques for preparing yourself for an unknown career trajectory.
- How to interpret job market data to understand the advantages and risks of pursuing a particular profession.
- How this information can help you discover university opportunities within BridgeU.
Either in a group lesson or individually, work through the activities in lesson 8 below. You'll need something to write and draw with (either digitally or with pen and paper), access to your BridgeU account, and your skills, strengths and interests mind map from lesson 1.
Here's a video walking you through the activities:
- Helpsheet: Human eSources/KTS Career Clusters and how they match to BridgeU career families.
- Helpsheet: BridgeU career families and skills/interest groupings.
- What is the role of universities in global upskilling? Web article from universityworldnews.com
For Counselors - Tasks to set:
- Assessment - BridgeU Careers Report - https://careers.bridge-u.com/
Complete lesson 8. Navigate to Careers on BridgeU, begin searching through the careers families distinguishing which are best related to your skills, and build your careers report in BridgeU. Upload it to complete the assessment https://help.bridge-u.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360017174157
How to set an assessment follow the steps in this article to learn how to set the careers report as an assessment.