Lesson 15 is on drafting your personal statement / Common App Essay.
This is an important step of your university application journey:
- It is one of the few areas of your application where you have full control
- Through your application essay you can reflect who you are and your "personal brand"
- You gain a better awareness of how to "promote yourself" to university admissions representatives
Either as a group lesson or individually, work through the activities in lesson 15 below. You'll need access to your BridgeU account.
Here's a video walking you through the activities:
- PDF Guide: UK Personal Statements essays
- PDF Guide: US Application essays
- Writing Builder Video Guide
- Writing Builder - How to comment on students essay (for Counselors)
For counselors - Tasks to set:
- Writing builder: Draft your Personal Statement/Common App essay