Lesson 14 helps you create a plan to write your application. Through Lesson 14 you will:
- Understand how to write your Personal Statement and Common App Essay.
- Draft your Personal Statement and Common App Essay.
To prepare yourself for this lesson, print or use the guides provided for your reading material, print the worksheets and make sure you have your BridgeU login details ready.
- PDF Guide: US application essays
- Common App Essay Template [Worksheet]
- PDF Guide: UK Personal Statement
- Personal Statement Template [Worksheet]
For counsellors: Set the Writing Builder task on BridgeU with the following instructions:
1) Go to the writing builder
2) Read any comments/suggestions on your essay.
3) Continue to write your own essay using the Writing Builder.
4) Continue to follow feedback and make these improvements before handing in on time.
5) Submit your task for review (from the home page) see here: https://bridgeu.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002209733-Send-a-task-to-my-advisor-for-review